Thursday, April 28, 2011

Betty Boop @ The Drawing Club

5 min poses


10-15 min poses

Today is my first time at The Drawing Club. I loved it! It's a weekly drawing workshop with a costumed model and a theme. Today's theme is Betty Boop. The poses ranges from 5-15 minutes. Our Betty Boop model, Marissa Gomez, changed her costumes 3 times. She even had the Betty Boop's short hairdo with the curls. It was so cute. She did so many pretty poses. The session has a very nice stage setting with elegant props. There is a projector that played Betty Boop movies on the wall for inspiration. They also played Betty Boop music, so the ambiance was wonderful. I never knew that Betty Boop's songs are so funny. Even the model chuckled at some of the lyrics. I was able to play around with proportions and I just felt a lot more relaxed and comfortable than in other drawing sessions. It was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment