Monday, August 1, 2011

Animated Gifs

I remembered working on animated gifs for the little notepads that I sell on Etsy. Animation is hard! It took so long for something so simple. Animators that works at animation studios are so amazing. I don't know how they can animated such complicated things and make them look so perfect.

This is Kiwi, the reluctant voodoo doll. He's scared of sharp things, so he's dodging everything here.
Kiwi, the voodoo doll


These are baby crows gossiping as they're strolling around town. I haven't made these into little notepads yet.
Baby crows strolling


The baby crows are based on my old doodle of a little chick.
Little Chick

Since these are meant for notepads, I was trying to limit the number of frames to save on the printing cost, so the animation isn't as smooth as I want them to be. In the end, it was still too expensive to get them printed, so they ended up being handmade. That was another difficult part. My friend, James, helped me make these. He had to do a lot of research on different types of binding. I actually wanted these to be sticky notes like post-its, but we made them into perfect bound notepads in the end. I think they came out very nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment